Proposal Assessment Open

Proposal Assessment Open

par Bentley Oakes,
Nombre de réponses : 0

Hi all,

I hope you're having a good weekend.

Just a note that I've just opened up the peer-review of the research proposal. As I mentioned, it's due April 11th. But, I kindly encourage you to complete it ahead of time, as then I'll be able to finalize the grades faster.

For the peer-review, this will be a challenge. I understand that you aren't experts in each others fields. But that's part of the art of writing proposals. As I mentioned, you will have to write proposals that are understandable to non-experts in the topic. Your proposal reviewers at NSERC face the same difficulty in understanding the content, so as a writer we need to make it easy for them.

For the evaluation, it is based on seven criteria, each out of 3 marks: a) attention-grabbing, b) well-defined objectives, c) state-of-the-art, d) structure/format, e) clear methodology, f) feasible, g) impact/significance.

As with the review, please be kind with your marking. 3/3 should be good effort, 2/3 is where a part is missing something large, 1/3 is severe problems, and 0/3 is not present at all. For your peer review, I'll be marking based on whether your comments show that you've read the proposal in detail and can justify your mark.

I hope that the peer review goes smoothly for you, and that you learn something from reading someone else's proposal. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Also, I want to take this opportunity to point towards a ten minute video that was just posted (

), which is an introduction to using the Getting Things Done system in Todoist. As I mentioned in the productivity lecture, using this system has been the most helpful thing to increase my productivity. I hope this video helps make its usage more concrete, and then you can find other videos explaining it in depth.

Have a relaxing and/or productive rest of the weekend!

Cheers,

Bentley