Lecture 6 - Presenting

Lecture 6 - Presenting

par Bentley Oakes,
Nombre de réponses : 0

Hello everyone!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's lecture. It's on presenting which I know is a major concern for some of you. I'll give an example talk and break down some things that I do while presenting.

Also, the critical paper review is due tomorrow at 23:59. Please upload your PDFs to Moodle.

As a reminder, it should be 1 to 2 pages, though I expect them to be closer to full pages for a sufficiently detailed review. Also, I wanted to remind you of the differences between major and minor comments. Minor comments is for typos, grammar issues, capitalization issues. Basically anything that can be fixed in a second. Major comments is for anything else, like suggestions, areas of weakness, etc. And please be constructive with your comments! It's one thing to point out issues, but a good reviewer goes a step farther and tries to give recommendations to fix issues.

Finally, a reminder that next week there is no class. Instead there is an optional seminar at Concordia, which somewhat mirrors a real conference. Please see https://semtl.github.io/meeting/2024/01/25/Concordia/ for details. At that link is the registration, please register if you are going.

See you tomorrow! And let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Bentley