The objectives of this course are to present the main environmental problem in the mining industry, acid mine drainage (AMD), and to evaluate the different techniques that are available for reclaiming AMD-generating mine sites.
By the end of this course, the student will have the knowledge required to critically analyze the following points:
- The mode of production of acid mine drainage (AMD);
- Methods for the prediction of acid mine drainage;
- The fundamental mechanisms for controlling the movement of fluids (water and gas) in permeable materials (soils and mine wastes);
- The basic knowledge required to construct reclamation covers for acid-generating mine wastes.
The knowledge gained by the students in this course will allow them to select the most appropriate and practical solutions to complex environmental problems related to mine waste management.
- Responsable du site: Secrétaires CGM
- Responsable du site: Li Li
- Responsable du site: Philippe Pasquier